|Location||Florida, United States|
|Date Posted||January 19, 2018|
Yellowstone Landscape, Inc. is a rapidly growing, premier provider of commercial landscape services across the Southern United States. Headquartered in Palm Coast Florida, Yellowstone operates from more than 20 branch locations in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. With attractive all around financial performance, strong organic growth, scalable systems, and a deep pipeline of attractive acquisition prospects, Yellowstone is poised for continued growth and success.
Yellowstone seeks an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Director to help enable our continued growth and contribute to the ongoing success of the business. The EHS Director will be a critical member of the management team, and a strategic thought and business partner to the CEO and Regional Vice Presidents. The EHS Director reports directly to the Vice President – Human Resources, works closely with Branch and other senior Management, and has direct oversight of Environmental, Health and Safety activities.
Yellowstone Landscape is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment and to following operating practices that will safeguard all employees. Incident prevention and efficient production go hand-in-hand. All levels of management have a primary responsibility for the safety and well-being of all employees. Every employee has the responsibility to adhere to safe operating practices and standards. This responsibility can be met only by working continuously to promote safe work practices and to maintain property, tools, and equipment in a safe operating condition.
The EHS Director plans, directs and manages the Safety Department to ensure the continuous development of Yellowstone’s progressive Safety Culture across Branch operations. This includes identifying needs, developing policies and procedures, and providing training to Managers and Crews. The EHS Director is also responsible for ensuring the correction of unsafe conditions and work practices. Additionally, as the Company continues to grow in part via acquisitions, optimal integration of acquired companies is a shared and critical responsibility of the Safety Department.
- Identify and evaluate best practices in safety methods, including equipment and vehicle use, chemical applications/spraying operations, environmental safety precautions, as well as the elimination or reduction of workplace hazards through a Job Hazard Analysis.
- Become the essential link that brings optimum safety practices and awareness to field operations. Provide related site consulting services to all Branch locations.
- Develop, facilitate and manage safety orientation and ongoing safety training programs for employees, whether delivered personally or through qualified third parties. Ensure consistent approach is taken when trainings are provided by Branch employees. Track sign-in sheets.
- Establish safety policies, standards, practices and procedures. Ensure compliance across Branches.
- Ensure compliance with evolving government rules and regulations, including OSHA and DOT.
- Following major incidents, oversee the direction of an Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis. Ensure corrective actions are taken to avoid similar incidents across Branches.
- Lead the Corporate Safety Meeting and, along with Safety Committee, create meeting packages for Branch-Level Safety Management Meetings.
- Conduct quarterly Safety Audits. Manage the Safety Audit process for each Branch location. Follow-up and ensure compliance with Branch Management.
- Manage and continuously update the safety incentive program.
- Manage the safety budget to contribute to cost-effective operations of the company.
- Coordinate contract negotiations with vendors and service providers as needed.
- Select, develop, and motivate qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions.
- Coordinate and support Operations teams with the planning, integration, and training of personnel of acquired companies on the integration into Yellowstone and adoption and implementation of Yellowstone’s safety procedures.
- Keep Yellowstone’s Leadership team apprised of both safety issues and “wins.”
- This position supervises the Environmental, Health and Safety Officer and is responsible for leadership, development and hiring of the Safety Department.
- The position will be based within a metropolitan market with a major airport where one of Yellowstone’s branches resides. Possibilities include Orlando, Atlanta and Houston.
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or 8 to 10 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Relevant technical training and/or certifications in safety, OSHA and horticulture.
- Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K and PTO.
How To Apply
- If this kind of opportunity appeals to you and you believe you’re qualified, we invite you to submit your resume to email@example.com.