|Location||Palm Coast, Florida|
|Date Posted||January 19, 2018|
Yellowstone Landscape is a professional horticultural organization dedicated to creating premier properties and building lasting relationships throughout Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas and New Mexico. To learn more, please visit our website: www.yellowstonelandscape.com.
Our growing company is looking for a professional and dynamic Assistant Controller. In this fast-paced position, the Assistant Controller will work closely with the Corporate Controller and Accounting Staff in preparing and reporting financial statements and reports.
- Assisting the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of an organization.
- Assisting the controller in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of financial statements that conform to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of financial reports and overseeing their evaluation.
- Presenting the various accounting reports to the top management and making suitable observations and recommendations.
- Monitoring operations of the company, including participation in branch financial reviews.
- Managing operational data and maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Preventing inaccuracies in financial statements by setting up internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Reviewing financial data periodically to ensure completeness of the data.
- Developing/Enhancing system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Developing proper operational, data documentation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Conducting account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assisting in the company’s monthly and yearly closing.
- Assist in gathering, preparing, and reviewing of annual external audit requests.
- Assisting in special projects whenever asked.
- Motivate, train, and monitor work produced by the accounting team. Provide assistance as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Audit or Finance
- 6-8 years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Prior experience in software implementation (i.e. ERP/Paperless Solution/CRM)
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- Vast knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting/month-end close/reporting)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- 4 Years Management experience
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions
- CPA, CMA, or CFM Designation
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos Reporting
- Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial
- Yellowstone Landscape offers a competitive compensation package and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental, 401K with matching and PTO.
How To Apply
- If this kind of opportunity appeals to you and you believe you’re qualified, we invite you to submit your resume to email@example.com.